Below is a list of the core services we offer. We pride ourselves on our tailored approach to meeting our clients’ needs and having the ability to develop systems in order to meet those needs. If there is a service you are interested in which needs adapting to suit your business goals, please do not hesitate to contact us so we discuss a bespoke package to suit you.
- Accounts (see above)
- Licensing (see below)
- H&S compliance
- We assist our clients with all aspects relating to health & safety and where appropriate will engage our health & safety partners. Electrical and gas safety can all be reviewed, and action plans put in place as appropriate.
- Stock taking & audits
- “Stock control is key to the profitability of a business”. Therefore, regular stock taking is essential. We work closely with independent stock takers to ensure transparent reporting.
- Back office accounting – packages
- Our accounting services can be tailored to your requirements, we have various packages available or we can agree a bespoke package tailored to your requirements. If you are an insolvency practitioner and use IPS you may find our integration system useful.
- IPS integration – If you are an Insolvency practitioner and use IPS we have a solution that can allow you to import our account data directly into your IPS. This enables you to have better real time information and reduce workload for your team.
- Procurement & purchasing control
- Having control over your purchasing and stock are key elements of a successful business. Our versatile, cloud-based purchase order system can be configured to most trading environments.
- We identify the lack of accurate reporting available on the financial position of the trading element of the business. In order to report efficiently, we utilise a system which not only saves time but also provides thorough real time information.
- This programme reinforces layers of control within the business whilst also tracking progress. It gives both us and the client full control over purchases with multi layered approval structures. Real time reporting in cash terms for approved, received and not received goods.
Payroll & Auto enrollment – payroll bureau
Our payroll department processes and administers payroll to companies with just a few employees to a few hundred employees. We can take care of administering auto enrolment and any tronc payment schemes. Our sister company, Leisure Staff Ltd is able to provide temporary employment vehicle solutions for companies when trading in administration.
It is essential that staff records are correct and kept up to date as they will be needed to run automatic enrolment effectively. These records must include: dates of birth, salaries, National Insurance numbers, contact details and the amounts paid into the pension scheme each pay period.
LSS Group can take the pressure surrounding payroll and auto enrollment away from you and ensure every aspect of payroll is dealt with effectively and efficiently.
Leisure Staff Ltd is a sister company of LSS Group. It has been formed out of the need to provide an employment vehicle for trading companies when in administration or other forms of insolvency. Therefore, mitigating some of the personal liability an insolvency practitioner would be exposed to. If this is of interest to you, please view the Leisure Staff website.
Procurement & purchasing controls
Having control over your purchasing and stock are key elements of a successful business. Our versatile, cloud-based purchase order system can be configured to most trading environments.
We identified the lack of accurate reports available on the financial position of the trading element of the business. In order to report efficiently, we utilise a system which not only saves time but also provides thorough real time information.
This programme reinforces layers of control within the business whilst also tracking its progress. It gives both us and the client full control over purchases with multi layered approval structures. Real time reporting in cash terms for approved, received and unreceived goods.
Often, we are asked to advise insolvency practitioners prior to them being appointed over a business. This allows them to formulate a trading strategy based on expert industry knowledge and therefore giving greater chance to maximise returns to creditors.
Creditors take a huge amount of comfort when a credible and efficient trading and exit strategy have been carefully planned. LSS Group speciailise in this area of hospitality. We can generate a comprehensive support plan to ensure a maximum return and have developed systems which will help and support the overarching goal of the IP’s.
Anybody can write a business plan, however is that business plan viable? Do the operators have the required experience to achieve the targets? Is the property suitable to reflect the business plan and is it located in an area to reflect the aspirations of the business plan?
Our primary objective of a pre-investment appraisal is to place a value on the benefits of a possible investment so that the costs the business will incur can be justified. With our specialist industry knowledge, we can review business plans prior to investment and give our unbiased opinion of its viability.
Independent Business Reviews (IBR)
The directors of LSS Group have carried out numerous IBR’s for lenders across the UK. Our industry knowledge allows us to carry this out with an unbiased approach.
It is very important for lenders to shape an informed view on the borrowers before deciding to re-finance, restructure or agree to grant waivers and amendments to existing finance arrangements. Our independent business reviews aim to build a common information platform between the lenders and the borrowers. These reviews can be critical in the decision-making process regarding debt restructuring.
Our IBR service provides the following:
- An insight into the risk versus return impact of any proposed deal for the lenders, provides insight into the risk versus return impact of any proposed deal for the lenders
- Enhances understanding of the underlying robustness and achievability of the borrower’s business plan and assess new money requirements
- Enables lenders to assess their options and plan for potential enforcement
- Maximises the chances of a consensual deal among all lenders
If you are a multi or single site owner, but not the operator, our 10% Pub Co. framewok may well be for you. We can manage all aspects that include property and tenant management.
A client’s portfolio of pubs, restaurants, night clubs or other leisure facilities can be looked after in the way best suited to the client; from fully managed, tenanted or leased, or a combination of different models.
Occasionally, it is not viable to save a business and closing down is the only option. We can also advise and implement a structured closure and can effectively liquidate the assets in order to minimise a creditor’s loss.
Alcohol licensing is a significant part of our business. Our licensing department operates across England, Wales & Scotland. We employ qualified licensing practitioners to ensure the best possible advice and service is received by our clients. We advise a broad range of clients from hotels, bars, clubs, supermarkets, off licenses and restaurants to music festivals and outdoor events, pub companies and sports clubs. Basically, if you have an alcohol license, we can help you.
LSS Group have a dedicated licensing department and employ qualified licensing practitioners. We can assist with applications, premises license management, major & minor variations, transfers & holding, DPS variations, mediation, reviews and enforcement working with our preferred partners.
- Premises license management- Let us take on the worries of your licensing compliance. We’ll ensure your licenses are effectively managed, annual licensing fees paid when due and an annual audit is completed to check compliance.
- Applications- When making new license applications it is essential to ensure the license fits your business operation and it is not unnecessarily restrictive. We work closely with the responsible authorities to get the best solution possible for our clients.
- Major & minor variations-As with new license applications, major and minor variations of a license need to reflect the trading style of the business. Anything else is a compromise. We’ll work hard to ensure you get the best result for your business.
- Transfers- Our dedicated licensing team are able to offer fast and efficient transfers of licenses. Whether this be a single transfer or multiple transfers due to insolvency, business transfer or death of a license holder.
- License holding- We are often asked to protect licenses by transferring them to our company. This can be for several reasons: insolvency, CVA’s, defaulting tenants, empty properties. If the premises is continuing to trade we would also carry out due diligence visits to ensure compliance.
- Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) variations- Staff come and go, therefore it is sometimes necessary to vary the license in order to specify a new DPS. We can take care of all requirements for this application.
- Mediation- It is very common for an operator to have one view and a responsible authority to have another. Because we are involved in operating within the hospitality sector and specialise in licensing we see things from both sides of the fence. This allows us to successfully mediate between the responsible authorities and the operator, mitigating the need for an expensive review process.
- Reviews & enforcement- We understand that sometimes things just go wrong, and problems can lead to a review of your license. We can advise on the best course of action in order to minimise the effects of any such review.
- Personal License training- Through one of our preferred partners we are able to arrange the help and guidance to support you through the exam.
Stocktaking & audits
Reputable stocktaking and audits conducted by industry professionals should always be self-financing, they are key to understanding the profitability of a business. They provide a regular, independent health check on a business; ensuring that it is being run efficiently in order to reach its maximum potential. We include advice on controlling stock and offer guidance to help improve margins. Our stock takers and auditors analyse your business’s profitability, identify any problems and offer solutions including the investigation of results.
We work closely with independent stock takers in order to ensure transparent reporting
Health & safety compliance
We assist our clients with all aspects relating to health & safety and where appropriate will engage our health & safety partners. Our highly experienced team can guide you through the legislation regarding to Health & Safety and assist you in complying with your responsibilities when conducting your due diligence.
LSS Group can help ensure compliance with regulations, that the business adheres to The Health & Safety at Work Acts, and can conduct risk assessments specific to your premises. We will ensure that there are sound workable policies and user friendly systems in place to aid thorough in house training.
We can develop action plans as appropriate for any outstanding issues and problems to help the business to become thoroughly compliant.
We undertake operational reviews of all kinds within the hospitality sector. These reviews are designed to help identify areas of the business that may benefit from further advice or restructuring. A small investment in this process can highlight areas to be enhanced or improved.
So often we find owners and management can sometimes get tunnel vision if they have been in their business for a fair period of time. A fresh pair of experienced eyes can really help to unlock a business’s potential and suggest ways in which it can improve to attract more business.
There is absolutely no harm in booking us for a review; let us give you a few pointers to help move your business into a more profitable position. We will generate a report of our findings and can also help continue to support you if you decide to implement any of our suggestions.